With reference to the Human Rights Case No.25819-P of 2018 (In the matter regarding AIDS victims of Jalalpur Jattan), Honorable Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar passed an order on 3rd August 2018 at Honorable Supreme Court Registry Lahore stating that AIDS is a rapidly growing menace which needs to be curbed at a nation-wide level at this stage before it progresses further, for an appropriate and effective mechanism needs to be devised. He directed to convene a meeting with all the relevant persons and a committee was constituted in this regard.
Nai Zindagi requested the honorable court to be included in the committee and Mr. Tariq Zafar is representing Nai Zindagi as a member of the committee.
Following are the proposed Term of Reference (TORs):
1. Expansion of quality preventive and treatment services for key population across Pakistan.
2. Non-stigmatized and evidence based awareness campaign through print, electronic and social media.
3. Enabling environment in the light of basic human rights implementation.
4. To strengthen the mechanism of monitoring and evaluation of HIV services, preventive services as well as curative services and care.
5. To review all Provincial AIDS Strategy and set recommendations.