Meeting of the District AIDS Council (DAC) Gujranwala was held on March 15, 2023, at the office of Deputy Commissioner District Gujranwala. The meeting was chaired by a worthy Additional Deputy Commissioner, G. Gujranwala (Chairman DAC). The meeting started with the recitation of the Holy Quran. Participants were welcomed by worthy Mr. Shabbeer Hussain, ADC-G.
The meeting was attended by following participants
- Shabbeer Hussain ADC- G District Gujranwala (Chairman DAC)
- Mubbashar Ahmad Malik Provincial Coordinator Nai Zindagi Trust
- Abu Bakar ASI, Representative of Police Department
- Moiz Munawar DHO (MS) Health Department Gujranwala
- Muhammad Aslam Ghuman Deputy Director (LG &CD) Gujranwala
- Muhammad Alam SWO Social Welfare Department Gujranwala
- Muhammad Masood Cheema Assistant Professor, Representative of MS, DHQ Hospital Gujranwala.
- Ehtasham Hashmi Advocate, Representative of District Bar Association Gujranwala.
- Hafiz Abdul Waleed Public Relation Officer DC Office Gujranwala
- Muhammad Imran Khan Manager Coordination Nai Zindagi Trust
- Riaz Ahmad Site Manager CoPC Site Gujranwala Nai Zindagi
- Kaleem Ullah In charge General Branch DCO office
- Muhammad Rizwan PA to ADC-G
- Adnan Bashir Admin & Accounts Assistant CoPC Site Gujranwala Nai Zindagi Trust
- Ansar Azeem Data Entry Operator CoPC Site Gujranwala Nai Zindagi Trust
After the welcome note by the worthy ADC-G (Chairman DAC), in his opening remarks, he said that today we are here to discuss an important issue: the risk of HIV/AIDS in the district of Gujranwala. He said that there may be different reasons why HIV/AIDS is spreading in the district. He further briefed the participants that, unfortunately, the majority of the community is uninformed of the signs and symptoms, underlying causes, and safety precautions necessary to limit transmission of HIV/AIDS, which leads to its increased rates of transmission and unintentional spread. He told the participants that the government of Pakistan is committed to minimizing its spread and providing treatment to its citizens.
Provincial Coordinator Nai Zindagi Trust Mr. Mubbashar Ahmad Malik thanked the worthy ADC-G for notifying DAC to provide support to NZ Trust, to provide its services to affected communities. After that, he introduced the Nai Zindagi Trust and its programme in detail.
He briefed the participants that the Nai Zindagi Trust is currently implementing a Global Fund-supported project in Pakistan to prevent HIV among injecting drug users in various districts of all provinces. He said Nai Zindagi is implementing its programmes as PR in collaboration with the Global Fund. He also briefed the participants that Nai Zindagi is also registered at the Economic Affairs Division (EAD).
Manager District Coordination, Mr. Muhammad Imran Khan, presented the statistics of HIV/AIDS in the district of Gujranwala.
Provincial Coordinator Nai Zindagi Trust also requested support from district governments under the umbrella of DAC. He requested that,
- Provision of free test facilities to HIV clients for treatment.
- Letter of support from the police department
- Provision of emergency and indoor care facilities for HIV-positive cases and their spouses and children.
- Provision of ARVs to prisoner clients